News and resources to understand the emerging seaweed industry
Explore our resources
Detailed information on 1000+ companies
Explainers on different parts of the value chain
Find jobs in the global seaweed industry
State of the industry
A yearly report summing up the major trends
In-depth reporting on stories you won’t find elsewhere
Stay in the know with the 3-weekly newsletter
- How SOS Carbon wants to rid the Caribbean of Sargassum tidesSOS Carbon developed a Sargassum harvesting and sinking solution that is low cost and easy to implement. Designed to create buy-in from fishermen, this allows for easy scalability.
- Emerald Tutu: a nature-based solution to protect urbanized coastlinesEmerald Tutu combines flood protection with a waterfront that creates space for plants, animals and citizens alike.
- Drying seaweed with camel’s nostrils and moth eyesSeastem is a startup building a bio-inspired seaweed dryer called Drylgae. I spoke to CEO and co-founder Mathias Baumann.
- ReShore: aquaculture breakwaters to protect coasts, produce food and rebuild ecosystemsReShore is reinventing breakwaters, by incorporating aquaculture to make coastal protection more biodiverse and economically attractive.
- Putting the IT into IMTAThe 40-month H2020 IMPAQT project brought together a consortium of 21 companies and research institutes to drive the adoption of IMTA in Europe. As the project wrapped up last week, I spoke to coordinator Frank Kane of Ireland’s Marine Institute about IMPAQT’s accomplishments and the future of IMTA in Europe.